The mission of the Festival is to present the best international narrative and documentary films to a wide cross section of the public and to increase knowledge and awareness of global issues that face us today. An addition, it seeks to increase and strengthen film culture in the Dominican Republic as well as an interest in developing the country’s audiovisual industry. The FCGD is a tool that benefits, among other areas, local and international film production in our country.
- To enrich film culture of the Dominican Republic.
- To show a wide variety of films that are generally not available to the Dominican public.
- To show films that connect with Dominican youth and at the same time, expand their appreciation of film.
- To show films that entertain as well as improve our understanding of global issues.
- To reach out to people from various sectors and social classes of society, to join together in viewing and discussing films.
- To bring modern film culture to schools of the Dominican Republic; to use film in the schools as a medium to understand global issues, create proposals and solutions and to promote individual opportunities.
- To promote the Dominican Republic within the international film industry, as a desirable and viable alternative for the industry.
- To use film to strengthen economic development of the country.
- To increase visibility of the Dominican Republic among the international press.